LGBTQ vs. The Ten Commandments
Updated: Jun 5
(Note: I'm not here to change anyone's mind. You believe how you want to believe. I'm just here to show you what's really going on behind the scenes.)
It seems all of the "outrage" over the LGBTQ community is centered around a false narrative of "grooming" & abuse with the messengers not being of sound morals themselves.
I've read my Bible cover to cover twice in my lifetime and I have strong Christian beliefs. However, Conservative talking points always lead towards two main "sins": abortion & homosexuality and they harp on this despite the fact that not only are the messengers sinners (because no one is perfect), they have recently committed worse sins.
In 2017, Wes Goodman, an Ohio Republican legislator resigned after having sex with a man in his office and allegedly fondled an 18-year-old man at a function during a conference. Goodman pushed "family values" but still fell short. In 2004 Lauren Boebert's husband pleaded guilty to public indecency and lewd exposure and served four days behind bars after allegedly exposing himself to an underage bartender at a bowling alley.
From the hypocrisy of adults to whom is really grooming children, we come to find that Evangelical Christian churches have a history of abusing all ages of children. This didn't come up so much in media because many focuses more on the Catholic Church, much less Catholic Priests. Protestant churches are just as bad if not worse with 44 percent coming from them according to Child Sex Abusers in Protestant Christian Churches: An Offender Typology (Qualitative Criminology https://www.qualitativecriminology.com/pub/osa148h6/release/2)
However, the messengers aren't just those within the church. Many of these hypocrites don't even attend church. These are your Republican lawmakers who mainly use this "outrage" to distract you from the real issues in this country. More on that later. First, let's talk about homosexuality & abortion are their only talking point though those with the talking points seem to have a problem following the basic rules of the Bible. Let's explore the Ten Commandments shall we?
1) Thou Shalt Have No Other gods Before Me (Exodus 20:3): Not saying he's worshipped but Donald Trump can do no wrong in the eyes of many of those who admire him. Even when he does wrong, I find myself arguing with unreasonable people who claim everything said about his shortcomings is false. Last time I checked we all were human and with sin. Apparently, no former President Trump. In fact, he also gets the credit for feats performed by others, especially the former president. I'm not saying he's worshipped like a god but he's sure being treated like he is one.
2) Thou Shalt Not Make Unto Thee Any Graven Image (Exodus 20:4) Refer to what I said about the first Commandment and add in the money for the indulging of the rich instead of helping the poor. This is an attempt to have lobbyists in their pockets in case they need a favor. Now don't get me wrong. Both sides have lobbyists but again, we're talking about hypocrites.
3) Thou Shalt Not Take The Name Of The Lord Thy God In Vain (Exodus 20:7): This is more self-explanatory and while all sides do it, again this is one of those situations where one party who tries to be moral pretends even something like speaking foul language doesn't carry as much weight as homosexuality and abortion. From what I gathered from my studies of the Bible, a sin is a sin no matter how big or how small. It's like trying to compare a failing grade. Anything below 70 percent is an F. I don't care whether I got a 64 and you got a 37, and F is an F no matter how much higher the failing grade.
4) Remember The Sabbath Day, To Keep It Holy (Exodus 20:8–10) Not getting into their church habits too much and whether you choose the Sabbath on Saturday or Sunday, I know many of these hypocrites talk a good game but between the former president's golf game as well as a lot of his colleagues, many don't even mention God unless it's to win an argument or prove a point. I do know for a fact that not only our current president goes to church, but he's also a career Catholic who attends most Sundays if not every Sunday.
5) Honor Thy Father & Mother (Exodus 20:12) Just the other day, I saw Marjorie Taylor Greene disrespect a mother simply because the lady and her wife both adopted a child. Not only did she make it a point to say they weren't parents, it was an attempt to disrespect them as a homosexual couple. I bring this up because love is love, no matter who raised you. There are so many kids in the foster system The U.S. Census recorded 1.2 million same-sex couples and about 60 percent of them are married. (New York Times; December 2, 2022). I'm not sure the relationship with Marjorie Taylor Greene, Lauren Boebert, Kevin McCarthy and others have with their parents but they sure don't understand whether love comes from giving birth or adoption, love is love.
6) Thou Shalt Not Kill (Exodus 20:13): Without getting into detail and I know this is a touchy one, I'm just going to sum this one up in two words: Covid Response. I mention this because so many deaths could have been prevented had the hypocrites listened to the science. However, that's a different article I'm writing soon.
7) Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery (Exodus 20:14) Let's not even pretend this doesn't go on. In the land of family values, this happens often. The hypocrisy of all of this is, the same folks who attempted to crucify Bill Clinton in the '90s are out having their own affairs with interns, pages, their personal trainers, and whomever else they can get to. This to me is a big deal because I take marriage very seriously. These guys treat it like it's something disposable like toilet paper.
8) Thou Shalt Not Steal (Exodus 20:15): Again, self-explanatory. While the Republicans distract you with this "outrage" over the LGBTQ community, their goal was to use cut Social Security, Medicare, and Veterans Benefits, and raise all of our taxes in lieu of the rich in the latest debt ceiling debate. Taking away all of these entitlements just to appease their rich base. They don't even care about their own constituents in which many of them are at the poverty level as well but are distracted by this fake outrage.
9) Thou Shalt Not Bear False Witness Against Thy Neighbor (Exodus 20:16): Where do I begin with this one? We can start with Joe Biden a pedophile to they have done nothing for the American people (another article in the coming days). We can continue on to how Target and others are grooming kids I guess by just selling merchandise you don't have to buy. In fact, you don't even have to shop at Target. Republicans have used lies on Democrats, Planned Parenthood, Target, or whomever they perceive as an enemy.
10) Thou Shalt Not Covet (Exodus 20:17): You want the American people's votes so bad; Republicans will ride on the coattails of the people's fears and outrage for your votes. Don't fall for it because what they won't tell you is what their opponents have done for the American people.
Like I said, this is a distraction from the non-Republican agenda which is nothing they ran on like the economy. Instead, they have you worried about Target and their Pride merchandise (like that's the only thing Target sells). I asked on social media to show me evidence of Target Stores grooming children. Not one person was able to give me any. Besides the fact that children have no buying power, I've never heard of children being personally groomed to change their personalities.
It's gotten so bad many of you even changed you beer from Bud Light to Modelo who's parent company is still AB InBev, same as Bud Light. Also, know that neither Target or Budweiser is going anywhere. While both have taken a hit in sales, neither hit is enough to put them out of business for good.
This didn't stop Trump from selling Pride merchandise during his 2020 campaign. Nor did it stop him for using them as voters.
It's okay for Republicans to stump the LGBTQ community and other minorities for votes and then after you get their votes, you take away rights and break promises. Then the party demonizes not only the LGBTQ community but also us African-Americans and Hispanics. Check out my recent blog on Florida right here.
Folks just need to stop acting like hypocrites and worrying about another person's business and demonizing what they don't understand. Until I see proof of a drag queen or a retail store actually recruiting or indoctrinating kids into anything, I refuse to believe it. I'm more worried about my children being productive members of society than I am about them coming out of the closet. I'm more worried about mass shootings (which is a different story coming soon) than I am about drag queens. Let's just not be hypocrites.